#THX4SUPPORT: A Twitter-Based Recovery Support Event
Thanksgiving is coming. And while for many of us, that means the excitement of friends, family, and food, for many others, Thanksgiving comes with it a lot of stress, fear, and anxiety.
But you’re not alone.
And this Thanksgiving, we want to make sure that you get the support, resources, and community that you need.
This Thanksgiving, use the hash tag #thx4support on Twitter to:
- Reach our team of eating disorder, recovery, and body image activists for one-on-one support or inspiration
- Find awesome articles, videos, and resources being tweeted out by organizations and activists
- Make new friends by finding people across the country struggling with the same issues. Start a support network!
The following people will be on hand to talk you through any feelings of negativity that you experience:
- Melissa A Fabello, Body Image Activist: @fyeahmfabello
- Wagatwe Wanjuki, Writer and Activist: @wagatewe
- Arielle Lee Bair, Recovery Blogger: @arielleleebair
- Kat Lazo, Media Literacy Advocate: @theekatsmeoww
- Matt Wetsel, Survivor Turned Activist: @tiledsarenomore
- Bevin Branlandingham, Body Liberation Activist: @queerfatfemme
Use the hash tag #thx4support or tweet us directly.
Are you an organization who wants in on the action?
- Use #thx4support to tweet out related articles and resources!
- Let your followers know that this support is available. Share this graphic!
- If you have capacity, join in on giving support to people using the hash tag.
And what can individuals do?
- Follow #thx4support and send inspiration to those in need!
- Tweet out your favorite resources using #thx4support.
- Let us know what kinds of ideas and questions you have by tweeting us!
Because we believe that recovery is possible. And we know that support can help.
REBLOG TO GET THE WORD OUT.
Struggling? The National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) can help. Call toll-free 1.800.931.2237.
this is amazing.